Monday, January 30, 2012

On The Road Getting Inspired To Sketch and Watercolor!

I went on a great trip across 3 of our southern states and saw so many things to sketch and watercolor!!!!  As I drove from east Texas through the hill country, then on to the desert it was beautiful!!!  The images I have in my head are unbelievably gorgeous as the roads rose through the hills and opened slowly into cactus, sand and sunsets.  The individual sketching subjects along the way were so interesting to capture and save for trying different techniques with, maybe charcoals or oils.  I take pictures to look back on, however, I really enjoy how my mind will ‘photograph’ the cactus or oil wells, towers, rocks, etc. and then sends that over to my minds’“sketching side” and begins to layout images of my memories.  Once I am able to lay these images on paper, and sketch with watercolors or charcoals, the pictures I create will take me all the way back to the drive and beauty I witnessed in east Texas without me having to get into my car!!!!  I love it!

No comments: