Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Continuous Blind Line Drawings

 Hey, I think I draw better with my eyes closed Not looking at the drawing as I go!


 


I was driving into town earlier, appreciating the scenery and suddenly remembered an excercise in sketching/drawing that I enjoyed...starting at one spot on paper with my pen and draw without lifting the pen from the paper. I did this a few times (not while driving) and found an interest in some of the pen drawings, so I colored in one, left one as drawn, did highlights on another with watercolor and I am still pondering what heck the others are! 

 My watercolor sketchings are always a work in progress, trying different mediums and styles..different techniques to begin to enjoy what I'm doing.  As the article I posted earlier, Watercolor Sketching Techniques, I am accepting accidents and imperfections as a technique to explore what methods I enjoy.

 I know today I am a 'work in progress'.... so my sketchings, drawings, watercolors, and other adventures I go on are definitely 'works in progrees'.

No comments: