Monday, February 20, 2012

More Experimenting...Sketching & Pastels

    I found an old picture of a favorite old friend of mine and began to sketch with pencils a layout of good ole' Barney the cat.  It was first a sketch then I wanted watercolors added...naw...something else! 


   So I am in the process of trying pastels and learning how I can darken and lighted accents by piling them on or lightly shading them on the picture.  I have even been smudging and rubbing them slowly into shape.  Just remember!! THESE ARE WORKS IN PROGRESS  AND  PROGRESS NOT PERFECTIONS!!!

I am enjoying this exercise because I am not only learning and trying to do something out of my comfort zone, but it brings good memories forward.

    Barney was 'one of a kind' to us.  I think when I'm done I'll keep this one by my work area.



No comments: