Sunday, February 5, 2012

Starting with Ink and Watercolor


I am starting out with something I am comfortable with, sort of, and can use your thoughts.  The other day I was cruising through various artists' (I failed to write the name down) blogs and saw a ink drawing of a lighthouse and then he/she added watercolor to the image.  It was so nicely done and I have kept thinking about it.  So being inspired by this drawing I have made a couple of ink sketches and tried timidly adding watercolor to them. 

I would like to hear some stories of how anyone, 'out there' enjoying the artwork they do, got inspired or began to find their own style.  Thanks for reading and I will be eager to hear from ya'll!

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I think your ink and watercolor paintings are lovely - that tree is just beautifully done! I'm not sure what brought me to my current style - perhaps just learning from others and finding something I can do and I am comfortable with right now - that may change, the more I experience others' styles and color choices; but I guess we are all changing all the time. I like where you are going!

Mark Dutch Oven said...

A long time ago, I did some pen & ink renderings of my kids (from photos, 'cuz they can't sit still long enough). Then I washed with thin watercolors. I love the result!